18 USC § 2252 – Certain activities relating to involving the sexual exploitation of minors TRANSPORTING OR SHIPPING A VISUAL DEPICTION
Florida Sex Crimes Defense Lawyers
Actually, attempting to or conspiring to; transport , ship, receive, distribute or reproduce for distribution, a visual depiction of a minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct by any means or facility of or affecting interstate or foreign commerce is a violation of this statute. Factors that must be proved include
- That the defendant knowingly received or distributed or reproduced for distribution a visual depiction.
- That the production of the visual depiction involved the use of a minor engaging in sexually explicit conduct.
- That the visual depiction was of a minor engaging in sexually explicit conduct.
- That the defendant knew that the visual depiction was of a minor engaging in sexually explicit conduct.
- That the visual depiction was received 0r distributed or reproduced using any means or facility of interstate commerce or affecting interstate commerce.
Read Definitions for this statute here
Consequences of a conviction
Those convicted shall be fined under this title and imprisoned not less than 5 years up to 40 years depending on circumstances such as the age of the victim, past criminal history of the convicted and other elements of the crime. Registration as a sexual offender
Read the Complete Statute here
What to do
If you or someone you know has or may be charged with a sex crime a qualified sex crimes lawyer should be contacted immediately. No information should ever be given out to anybody without the presence of a lawyer. Speaking with law enforcement before consulting a lawyer can be a huge mistake even if you think it is the right thing to do.
There are many directions a case can go. To protect your rights and fight in your defense, a sex crimes lawyer is a necessary part of the process to ensure the best outcome for your future.
Contact our offices for a complimentary consultation. Let us help you through this stressful and life altering event and seek justice on your behalf.